Today I’ve been thinking about what I’ve learned not only about myself but my view on life in general, the highs have been pretty good, the lows devastating, but I’m here still giving life a chance, not exactly looking for a rainbow, though hopeful.
1. Having a breakdown was not the end of the world as I thought, I’ve had many chances at life, and I keep trying to find my happy place.
2.People have come and left, some have taken much from me such as trust, even my dignity, I try not to let those who have let me down colour my view on others, I can now let go.
3. Money and a career aren’t everything, when chasing your dreams sometimes you forget to dream.
4. Don’t be afraid to ask for help, well fall down sometimes through life, and we need help when we do, so make that call, write that letter, open up to someone.
5.Value your self-worth
6. Reach out and help when you can, even if it’s just to listen or provide a shoulder to cry on.
7. Acceptance, when a thing has happened you can’t change it, but it can be overcome.
8. Stop being hard on yourself, your human with all the flaws we as humans have, perfection can be to high a price to pay.
9. Honesty, especially to yourself, life is a series of steps some big some small do what is necessary to take you to the next stage but always with integrity.
10. Be kind to yourself and others, it’s said small acts of kindness can change the world I believe that, I see it in life and in the blogs here.
Doesn’t seem like much of a list, and there was a time when I thought life was the impossible dream something for other people, and in removing the “I’m fine mask” I can begin to enjoy life again with my mind intact.