The goal is to help give recognition and to also help newer bloggers reach a wider audience.
It also recognises blogs considered to be “Lovely” by fellow bloggers that choose them, and to celebrate bloggers who share their story/thoughts in a lovely manner, that connects with their readers.
In order to accept the award, first you must thank the person who nominated you
Add the “Lovely Blog logo to your post
Share 7 facts about yourself
Nominate the bloggers of your choice up to 15, but the number doesn’t matter.
Inform the nominees by commenting on their blog
Without further ado, I’d like to thank meg from The Making of Mediocre Meg for nominating me, I’m thrilled.
Seven facts about me:
* When I was about 18 months old at a wedding with my grandmother I pulled off the hat of the lady in front of us, unfortunately her wig came too
* I trained as chef originally and am a self-confessed foodie, lol my friends say I talk about food all the time, tonight’s diner was stir fry vegetables egg noodles & prawns delish.
* I love films especially the Hollywood black&white classics, I have over 300 dvd’s, my favourite film is On The Water Front with Marlon Brando
* When it comes to foot in mouth I’m the champion, once asking a woman when her baby was due only to have her tell me through gritted teeth that she was “just fat” I was mortified.
* Reading is a huge passion and I cannot imagine a life without books, not for me a kindle I mean real books just turning the pages gives me a comforting feeling. I love those old dusty book shops and can happily spend hours just browsing, My 3 favourite books are: To Kill A Mocking Bird * Rebecca * Jane Eyre.
* In my previous career I worked near the Houses Of Parliament and we many of the MP’s come in for drinks etc, we were also just up the road from Downing Street, which I was luck enough to visit, they were quite exciting times and we got to hear about many things before they hit the newspapers, the State Opening of Parliament, visiting dignitaries, also the funeral procession of Princess Diana went right past the pub.
* Lastly at the end of the year I reach my half century (50) wow, it’s been a roller coaster in many ways, I look forward with no regrets I can’t change the past, and as long as I continue to recover and grow, the future looks pretty good to me.
My nominees are:
Great blog, tells his story to the last song her heard, pretty inspiring stuff and a published author too.
When I returned to blogging last month he was one of the first people to comment very supportive.
A new blogger to me, she takes fantastic pictures, very talented but also blogs from the heart.
This lady “gets it” when writing about depression, her writing is eloquent, but she hits althe points, very supportive and insightful in her comments, well worth the read.
This write is a must,her journey tells the story of depression anxiety and everything in between, she has a way of drawing you into her posts, she has a way of peeling back the layers to get to the nub, I always look forward to reading her posts.
This reader leaves mainly motivational posts, always positive and uplifting, she makes a difference to your day.
Another new writer who I’ve just started following, she writes candidly and intelligently about bipolar and her faith, she’s very encouraging and supportive in her comments to others, and importantly she writes without judgement.